Monday 7 April 2014

Reaching Out .... The Power of Social Media - INCLUDING UPDATE

For those of you who already read my blog you will know that the Latimer Hinks Charity Ball takes place on 6th June at Wynyard Hall. We're raising funds for St Teresa's Hospice, The County Durham Foundation and smaller local charities.

The Ball is SOLD OUT and I need to source interesting/original prizes for the fundraising activities - I needed to "get my thinking cap on"

A while ago I attended a ladies networking meeting, set up by The Inspire Network (great name). The event was informal and included a presentation on social media by one of their members. I was impressed by the group and their willingness to help one another, so I requested to join their Facebook group.

I must admit I have not taken part in many discussions however in 2013 I was "let down" by a cake maker. I asked the Inspire Network for advice and recommendations. These were very quickly provided and I contacted Helena Borthwick-Hill. Helena produced some wonderful cakes which advertised our company logo.

So, what better place to start looking for prizes than the Inspire Network - in return their business/products will be viewed by 290 local business people based in the North East and they will be acknowledged in all promotional material (and this blog) before and after the Ball.

I have been overwhelmed by the response so far, and I would like to thank those small businesses who have offered prizes by thanking them and sharing their details.

Susan Smalley - Owner at Susan Smalley Intuitive Life Coach, Spiritualist Medium & Reiki Healer
Gillian Lewis - Spectrum Coaching and Consultancy - Gillian is donating a 2 hour Body Shape Workshop for 4
Lynn Huggins-Cooper - Faerie Realms  - a Faerie and Signed books
Sally Peck - Jewellery
Debbie Stogden - Debbie Stogden Photography - a photography workshop for 2
Vicky Shield - Purple Owl Gifts - personalised word art
Sandra Hope - Essential Thyme - one hour treatment

Thanks again ladies, great prizes. I'm sure our guests will be thrilled!


Since writing this original post I do have some other ladies that I need to thank:
Helena Borthwick-Hill - Helena has donated a website audit
Beverly Sherratt of Profectus 4 People - management development for a team of senior leaders and managers or a 1;1 coaching session for 4 people


...and all of this from one post on Inspire Network! THANKS!

No comments: