Latimer Hinks and other local businesses were tasked with a challenge from Vantis Plc. Turn £50 into as much money as possible (legitimately!) for three local charities. St Teresa's Hospice, Zoe's Place and Hartlepool and District Hospice.
How could we resist? A programe of fundraising activities was quickly devised...
Preparing to take part
- Dress down days
- Balloon release
- Car boot sale
- Cake baking - not great for the waistline, but I certainly did look forward to Monday mornings when cakes were sold
- Ebay - my office was due a clean out se we thought the charities might benefit from the proceeds of an old exhibition display, some toner cartridges not in use etc..
- Quiz and raffle - yeah, i was on the winning team (by luck rather than my expertise in general knowledge - did you know that a female polar bear is called a sow)?
- Sold Organic Rhubarb from colleague's garden
- Silent auction
- Cricket match
- Jewellery party
- Come dine with me - some great nights with great food
- We also received donations of £75
A total of £1,749.97 was raised by Latimer Hinks.
The Vantis Challenge (59 companies took part) raised a grand total of £33,724.19
Well done to all that took part and supported the challenge!