Yesterday I attended a presentation on Pure Technology, part of the Stilletto Boot camps for women. The group was quite small and the format for the presentation was forum/discussion style - which worked really well. Ideas/suggestions were bounced from the panel as well as the attendees.
I must admit that at first i felt like a "fish out of water". Most attendees worked with film/media so I imagined them to be quite savvy and up to date. There was also a lovely lady who owned a B&B by Hadrians Wall - Holme House. But as the afternoon wore on, we all found we had something to say.
The expert panel consisted of:
Judith Peacock - Further Consultancy (technology, marketing, databases etcetc)
Joscelyn Upendran - de Burca (e-learning and business)
Zahra Zomorrodian - FNA Films (video production/film makers)
Jo - Ki-media (emails marketing, website optimisation etc etc)
Some items discussed:
- How social networking is now taking over email as a marketing medium
- Keywords/keyphrases and placement. Top tip - don't use "click here", give the link a name (which will be picked up by search engines)
- What do you consider to be a good online experience
- Youtube, marketing videos
- Viral emails
- Emails and the legal issues (which Joscelyn will respond to)
- What is web2
- Is it worth having a business presence on Second Life?
- How to promote your blog
Judith is going to summarise the afternoon's discussions and forward the information along with links. I may be able to let you have a look!
The session drew to a close and as I was leaving Judith and Joscelyn asked if Latimer Hinks would be interested in publicity for our blogs/digital presence. Apparently for a law firm in the UK we are quite forward thinking and progressive! I said we would be VERY happy to... so watch this space!
I am now going to join the CopeBusiness Forum and use this to share knowledge and further our social networking!