The recession of 2009 took its toll on many local charity events. Balls were cancelled due to lack of guest numbers, donations for raffle and auction prizes rapidly dwindled....BUT I can now report that the Latimer Hinks Charity Ball should be a resounding success!
Almost ten weeks to go (May 21st) and only 20 tickets remaining out of a total of 270! Three of the companies taking tables decided to take two tables! Is this a sign that the recession is finally over?
I have also received a great number of donations:
- A £500 Pandora Bracelet from Bramwell Jewellers (already made up, but the winner can change charms/colours etc to suit)
- 10 bottles of champagne from Northumbria Water
- £400 worth of tooth whitening or facial aesthetics (botox to you and I) from Elliott McCarthy Dental Care
- A 12 day Spa Membership (over a year) from Headlam Hall Hotel
- Rounds of golf from 2 local golf courses in Darlington - Stressholme and Blackwell
- A meal for 4 at Stressholme, tickets for the theatre, signed Middlesbrough Football..... the list goes on - and i will update the list regularly
The Latimer Hinks Ball is in aid of Help for Heroes and St Teresa's Hospice (Darlington), plus smaller local charities.
Our thanks also go to HSBC for matching £1 for £1 up to £1500.
It should be a GREAT night - if you would like to donate a prize or an experience - a holiday, a weekend break, something money can't buy.... please feel free to contact me