Every two years Latimer Hinks organise a charity ball and this year it is to be held once again magnificent Wynyard Hall, Tees Valley on May 21st 2010.
I can hardly believe it's been two years since the last ball!
The 2008 Ball raised £10,000 and we would like to think that we can increase the amount we pass on to the charities who, like so many, have been affected by the economic downturn.
For 2010 our main charity is going to be “Help for Heroes”. No-one can fail to be impressed by the courage of the armed forces and we feel that “Help for Heroes” and all that the charity does should be supported. We will also still be supporting a number of local, smaller charities including St Teresa’s Hospice..
In 2008 we raised nearly £10,000 and intend to dramatically increase the figure for 2010
1) HSBC have very kindly offered to match £ for £ monies raised on a fundraising menchanism (up to £1500). Their generosity is greatly appreciated.
2) A Charity Auction. If you feel you could donate an auction prize - perhaps a weekend break, use of a luxury car, a holiday.... etc etc we would of course be extremely grateful AND your support will be promoted in all literature, press releases, blogs (where we can also direct people to your website). We have already received a donation of tooth whitening or facial aesthetics (botox to you and I) from Elliott McCarthy Dental Care- thank you.
3) Tombola. Everyone enjoys a tombola, it's a great fundraiser and anyone can take part. Donations, again, would be greatly appreciated.
UPDATE: Our thanks go to Compugift for supplying a number of quality items for the tombola - your help and support is gratefully acknowledged!
4) Backward Bingo. Fun game, everyone can take part. Guest can purchase a bingo ticket, numbers are called out. If your numbers are among those called, you sit down. Last three standing win a prize.
5) Networking Contacts. Hopefully I can call on contacts made throughout the year through networking events in the hope that they will support/sponsor the ball. Mike Challands of MT Print has also offered to provide the design and print of tickets, program etc in return for a few tickets to the ball! Mike will benefit from exposure to around 300 high net worth business representatives at the event and will obviously have his quality print work on show and acknowledged AND we can pass the money saved on print to the charities.
This is what relationship building/networking is all about - we don't necessarily need to give business on every occasion but we can provide opportunities to expose new contacts to our networks.
If anyone reading this would be interested in sponsoring/supporting the charity ball, please let me know.
If you or your business would like exposure/ackowledgement at this prestigious black tie event, talk to me (you can use comments) and i will call you to discuss suggestions further.
Don't forget it's all for good causes!